GET THE RIGHT OIL FOR YOUR VEHICLE INSTANTLY!
Recommendations are for Passenger Cars Only.
Not all vehicles will have a recommendation.
For further assistance call the Castrol Technical Helpline
on 1300 557 998
Rego2Oil Privacy Collection Notice
Castrol Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 87 008 459 407) (referred to in this notice as 'Castrol', 'we', 'our' and 'us') or one of its related companies in Australia is collecting your personal information in connection with your use of the Rego2Oil website or Rego2Oil SMS-service (Rego2Oil).
Who we are and how to reach us:
Castrol Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 87 008 459 407).
Castrol is part of the BP group of companies. We are contactable by post at Privacy Officer, GPO Box 5222, Melbourne VIC 3001, by telephone on 1300 130 027 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information will Castrol collect and use?
We will collect and us your personal information, which may include:
- (a) your licence plate number, mobile number, state of residence, and other information that you provide when using Rego2Oil;
- (b) information you provide to us when contacting our customer service centre;
- (c) information you provide to us when using the 'contact us' section on our website;
- (d) information about the device(s) you use when accessing Rego2Oil; and
What does Castrol use my personal information for?
We will collect and use the personal information described above for the purposes of:
- (a) administering and providing our services related to Rego2Oil (including for the purpose of personalising those services);
- (b) improving the Rego2Oil or other BP products and services;
- (c) Castrol providing you with recommendations and offers (including personalised recommendations and offers) in relation to Rego2Oil;
- (d) sending you service communications for the administration and operation of Rego2Oil; and
- (e) dealing with your enquiries and requests.
Where Castrol holds Personal Information about you that it has collected from different sources, Castrol may combine this Personal Information into a single record or collection of linked records. Castrol may also combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (whether within Australia or overseas).
What if I do not provide Castrol with my personal information?
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to use some or all of the services available as part of Rego2Oil, receive updates from us, or have us answer or respond to your enquiry or request.
Who does Castrol collect my personal information from?
We will collect your personal information from you where possible, but where relevant we may also collect your information from third parties (such as our service providers who collect your personal information on our behalf as part of the offering of Rego2Oil).
If we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the matters contained in this privacy notice.
If you provide us with the personal information of another person, you must make them aware of the matters contained in this privacy collection notice.
Who does Castrol disclose my personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- (a) outsourced service providers and third parties that provide Castrol marketing, data analytics, customer support, technology or payment processing services (and have those third parties collect your personal information on our behalf via their software);
- (b) suppliers, and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships,
for the purposes set out in this privacy collection notice.
We may also disclose your personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers and agents and also to government bodies and regulatory authorities (where required or authorised by law).
We may share and disclose aggregated and/or de-identified transaction data with our commercial partners. We do so to improve the Rego2Oil and to improve our customer’s experience.
Personal information used for marketing
Castrol will not provide your personal information to third parties for them to send you direct marketing (other than on Castrol’s behalf) without your consent.
Does Castrol store or disclose my personal information to other countries?
Changes to this Collections Notice:
We may change the terms of this notice from time to time. A copy of the revised notice will be available on our website or can be obtained by contacting us using the contact details above.